Nicholas S. Akins is the Managing Member and Chief Executive Officer of Morgan & Akins, the firm he founded with the late Michael Morgan in 2010.
Nick brings relentless attention to detail to all aspects of his practice and the firm.
He has extensive experience in civil litigation of all kinds, but places emphasis on defense matters including workers’ compensation, premises liability, breach of contract, auto liability and product liability. Nick is also experienced in matters of real estate law, with a focus on residential closings.
Nick has successfully tried a number of both bench and jury trials. He has also handled cases before the appellate courts, including the full Tennessee Supreme Court.
Outside of the office, Nick presents seminars on workers’ compensation law across the Southeast.
Nick is an active member of his community. He is an executive board member of Kids’ Chance, a non-profit that awards scholarships to children of parents injured or killed in a work-related accident, and is a member of the executive committee for Prevent Blindness’ Tennessee chapter. He is also an executive board member at Richland Country Club.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Super Lawyers, Mid-South Rising Stars
- Nominated for Nashville’s Best of the Bar (2013)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- National Retail & Restaurant Defense Association
- J.D., Samford University Cumberland School of Law, 2001
- B.S., University of Tennessee, 1998
GET IN TOUCH