Nathan R. (Nate) Bohlander is a Partner and Chair of National Aviation Practice Group in the Philadelphia office of Morgan & Akins. Nate focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and product liability matters, with an emphasis on aviation law.
In his practice, Nate is an honest and relentless advocate. He represents manufacturers, distributors and all component parts of powered industrial and commercial machinery, heavy construction equipment, recreational equipment and medical devices. He also represents a wide range of aviation industry entities including airlines, government agencies and airport vendors.
Nate serves as an arbitrator in both the Philadelphia Arbitration Center and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He also volunteers his time doing pro bono work with Philadelphia VIP, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing legal representation to low-income individuals, nonprofits and businesses.
Nate is a proud alum of the Pennsylvania State University School of Law, where he was a recipient of the CALI Award in Transnational Legal Studies and earned the Miller Center Public Interest Advocacy Certification. He has served as his school’s Alumni Representative for the city of Philadelphia.
- “How Governmental Drone Use in the Era of COVID-19 Has Reignited the Worldwide “Security vs. Liberty” Debate,” April 2020
- “How Urban Air Mobility Will Finally Give Us The Flying Cars We’ve Been Waiting For,” June 2019
- “Explore The Path Less Traveled: How Aviation Defendants Can Litigate In Federal Court Even Without Diversity Amongst The Parties,” February 2019
- “‘Star Wars’ Or Tincher V. Omega Flex: Will Disney Or Pennsylvania Courts Add More Chapters To Their Respective Legacies?” February 2018
- “Motion For Summary Judgment: An Arrow Back In The Defense’s Quiver?” November 2017
- “Here Come The Drones — And The Legal Headaches,” February 2017
- “Product Defect And Inadequate Warning Claims: We’ve Got A Jury For That,” January 2017
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” selection (2018, 2019, 2020)
- CALI Award in Transnational Legal Studies
- Miller Center Public Interest Advocacy Certification
- Judicial Fellowship Pro Bono Award
- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law Alumni Representative
- Philadelphia Bar Association Committee for Court-Appointed Counsel
- First Judicial District Compulsory Arbitration Center
- The Federalist Society, Philadelphia Lawyers Chapter
- Philadelphia VIP
- J.D., The Pennsylvania State University – Dickinson School of Law, 2011
- B.A., magna cum laude Dickinson College, 2005
GET IN TOUCH