Patricia J. Baxter is the Managing Partner of the Philadelphia Office and Director of the General Litigation Group. She is responsible for the day-to-day management of litigation filed in federal and state courts across the region, with a specific focus in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Patricia’s practice is concentrated in the areas of product liability, aviation and premises liability; she represents clients from large commercial landowners to airlines and manufacturers of complex devices. This variety of experience lends itself to creative thinking and unique strategies for resolving matters.
Patricia is an active trial attorney who has tried cases to verdict, but she also emphasizes the value of early and efficient dispute resolution, including early mediation when appropriate. She triages every new file immediately upon assignment to assess viable exit strategies, as well as potential exposures, in order to provide clients with a comprehensive plan of action within 60 days of receipt.
Patricia prides herself on her ability to work seamlessly with risk managers, in-house counsel and insurance adjusters to ensure litigation guidelines are met within budgets and company guidelines.
- “Pictures (or CCTV) Are Worth A Thousand Words; Failing To Preserve All Of Them Could Cost You In Court.” April 2019
- “‘Star Wars’ Or Tincher V. Omega Flex: Will Disney Or Pennsylvania Courts Add More Chapters To Their Respective Legacies?” February 2018
- “Motion For Summary Judgment: An Arrow Back In The Defense’s Quiver?” November 2017
- “Admissibility Of Industry-standards In Product Liability Cases Remains Uncertain,” May 2017
- “Product Defect And Inadequate Warning Claims: We’ve Got A Jury For That,” January 2017
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Pro Bono Publico Award for Civil Litigation
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Pro Bono Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- J.D., Widener School of Law, 1998
- B.S., Virginia Tech, 1995
GET IN TOUCH