Jean R. Michel, Jr., an Associate in the New York office, is admitted to practice in New York. Prior to joining Morgan & Akins, he worked for a midsized corporate defense firm, handling civil litigation matters including corporate defense, toxic tort litigation, and general liability matters. Mr. Michel also interned with Erie County Court Judge Susan Eagan.
In addition to his work with Morgan & Akins, Mr. Michel is and avid reader, has spoken at various venues and prides himself on community service, volunteering with Breaking Barriers Youth Leadership Council through the Say Yes Buffalo Program.
A native of New York, Mr. Michel earned his Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from SUNY Buffalo State University, and a Juris Doctor from Barry University Dwyane O Andreas School of Law, in Orlando, Florida.
- The Math Ain’t Mathing – Why Florida has rejected 54 math books for use., Barry University Dwayne O Andreas School of Law Child and Family Law Journal (May 15, 2022)
- Restorative Justice in Schools. What is it and Why do we Need it?, Barry University Dwayne O Andreas School of Law Child and Family Law Journal (Jan. 23, 2021)
- 2023, New York
- Minority Bar Association of WNY
- Paul C. Perkins Bar Association of Orlando, FL
- Erie County Bar Association
- National Black Law Students Association, Alumni Chapter
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity Inc.
- Haitian American Lawyers Association of New York
- SUNY Buffalo State University (2019)
- Barry University Dwayne O Andreas School of Law (2022)
GET IN TOUCH