Barak A. Kassutto, an associate in the Philadelphia office, is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Prior to joining Morgan & Akins in 2022, he worked for seven years at a mid-sized firm specializing in representing employers and insurers in all matters related to workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania.
A native of the greater Philadelphia rea, Mr. Kassutto earned his Bachelor of Arts in History from the Honors College at the Pennsylvania State University and a Juris Doctor from Temple University School of Law.
The New Rules for Fee Reviews, Utilization Reviews, and C&Rs, Philadelphia Bar Association CLE, February 21, 2020.
Questionable Future of IREs in Pa.’s Workers’ Comp System, Legal Intelligencer, May 6, 2017.
Compounded pain creams compound scams with fraudulent pricing, kickbacks, Journal of Insurance Fraud in America, June 2016
- Published appellate opinions:
- Indem. Ins. Co. of N. Am. v. Bureau of Workers’ Comp. Fee Review Hearing Office, 245 A.3d 1158 (Pa. Cmmw. Ct. 2021)
- Kreschollek v. Workers’ Comp. Appeal Bd. 201 A.3d 916 (Pa. Cmmw. Ct. 2019)
- Timcho v. Workers’ Comp. Appeal Bd., 192 A.3d 1219 (2018)
- 2012 Pennsylvania
- 2012 New Jersey
- Pennsylvania State University B.A. 2009
- Temple University J.D. 2012
GET IN TOUCH