Whitney Lucas joined Morgan & Akins in 2014 as an associate attorney, and was named senior attorney in 2017. She is licensed to practice in the state courts of Kentucky and in United States Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky. With more than ten years of litigation experience, Whitney’s practice focuses on insurance law and defense, including workers’ compensation and general liability.
Whitney is a native of eastern Kentucky and attended the University of Kentucky where she graduated magna cum laude with Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. Whitney earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2007.
Prior to joining Morgan & Akins, Whitney was an associate in a regional law firm which handled cases in the state and federal courts of Kentucky, as well as administrative agencies, throughout the state. While Whitney focused on workers’ compensation defense, she also has experience in general civil defense, black lung litigation, and energy and mineral law matters. In addition to practicing law, Whitney has presented seminars for numerous clients and adjusters on Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Law.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- 2018 Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Law Changes/House Bill 2
- Morgan & Akins Secured Its Second Dismissal for a Large Regional Insurance Client
- Morgan & Akins Obtains Defense Verdict In Kentucky
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Law and Defense
- Workers Compensation
- General Liability & Litigation
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D. 2007
- University of Kentucky, B.A. 2004