Jeffrey G. Foster (Jeff) is an experienced litigation defense attorney who, in his 18 years of practice, has handled numerous Workers’ Compensation claims and tried numerous bench and jury cases throughout Tennessee with emphasis on workers’ compensation claims, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability claims and employment law claims.
Jeff received his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Union University in 1993. In 1996, he completed his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law. Before joining Morgan and Akins in 2014, Jeff was a Member of a regional insurance defense law firm, where he served as the managing attorney for the firm’s West Tennessee office. Jeff is licensed to practice law in Tennessee and in the Federal Courts for the Western and Middle District of Tennessee. He is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
In addition to practicing law in Tennessee for over 18 years, Jeff frequently presents seminars for clients and adjusters on Tennessee Workers Compensation Laws, claim handling and defense strategy.
In his free time, he has served as coach for a travel baseball team and enjoys working with youth sports events. He serves as an advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
- Supreme Court Panel Overturns Trial Court’s MIR Ruling (May 5, 2017)
- Tennessee State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Defense Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Auto Liability
- Premises Liability
- Employment Law
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Jackson-Madison County Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- University of Memphis School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Union University, B.S., 1993