David Goudie has over 9 years of experience handling insurance defense matters, primarily workers’ compensation claims throughout the State of Tennessee. Before joining Morgan & Akins in 2015, David worked for a regional insurance defense law firm where he served as managing attorney of West Tennessee.
David was born in Chicago, Illinois, but grew up in Franklin, Tennessee where he attended high school. He moved to Memphis, Tennessee and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Rhodes College in 2003. He then obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alabama Law School in 2006. While in law school, he served as the Research Editor for the Law & Psychology Review and as a member of the Bench and Bar Legal Society.
In his free time, David enjoys golfing, playing softball, bowling, and attending Nashville Predators hockey games. He also volunteers his time by serving as a coach of the Vanderbilt University Mock Trial Team. David lives in Nashville, Tennessee with his wife, Michelle.
- Extraordinary Relief Clause Ruling by the TN Work Comp Supreme Court
- Senate Bill 2141 and signed into law by Governor Haslam
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Law and Defense
- Workers Compensation
- Automobile Liability
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama; J.D., 2006
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee; BA, 2003